Name: Terrance Peters Jr
School: Houston Baptist University

Q: How did you get started playing football? I Started playing football at the age of 5. Being raised  in New Orleans, football is what keeps you away from trouble and can take you places to better yourself. When my cousins and I  didn’t own a football we would fill up a water bottle half way. We would act as if the water bottle was our football and play pick up games until my grandmother would call us in.

Q: What separates you from all the other athletes trying to become a professional? All athletes have their reasons and skills of the game. But not many actually understand and have a will to do what is takes to be successful on and off the field. The little things are the most important as a player moving up in skill. I’m a great athlete and my skills will show Tuesday and Wednesday.

Q: Tell us about your college choice, career and what the recruiting process was like. Coming out of high school, I was one of the best RB’s in Texas. My senior year of High School my team made it to state Semi’s and the biggest goal for me that season was to win a state championship. I got so caught up into preparing every week for the next opponent that I never took the time to take my ACT which I took 3 weeks before signing day and made a 23. I was offered from colleges like OU, Colorado, Boise St, and a couple of my more schools. When all of those schools dropped me because I didn’t have a score, I was blessed with my final offer to start up a Division 1 program at Houston Baptist University. My freshmen year was cut short because of an ankle injury the 3rd game of the season. I followed up that season with an noticeable sophomore and junior season. Which put me in the top RB’s in the southland conference. My senior year of college was supposed to be the year that I really get my name out there because I was so ready. But I was set back the first game of the season with an high ankle sprain.

Q: What would you consider to be your biggest accomplishment in your sports career so far? Getting a scholarship to pay for my school and Graduating with my bachelors of Sports Management. Sometimes athletes take scholarships for granted. There’s some kids out there that wishes to be in our places. But we were blessed and I think we need to take advantage of it.

Q: What do you consider to be one of the more important things you learned from the coaching staff? Doing your job and controlling what you can control.

Q: What is/was your biggest challenge and how do/did you manage it? Playing with teammates that only played because they had to. Our head coach introduced us to the 90/10 rule. There was 90% of that actually bleed for the game but the other 10% held us back. But I never let that affect the team. I knew who on my team wanted to give it their all and I knew who didn’t. That fueled me and made me play better.

Q: What is your biggest strength or X factor that you bring to a professional team? I’m a big play guy! I’m good at performing under pressure. The biggest thing is that I’m a naturally gifted football player. I live and breath it.

Q: Who is or has been the most influential person in your life? My Mother is always going to be the most important person in my life. She makes sure that I’m on the right track. She reminds me of whats at stake and always tells me the truth whether I like it or not. She’s always there for me when I need her. Most importantly, She believes in me!

Q: What are your goals with football? If football does not work out, then what? I know that I can play in the NFL and its my dream. I’m not just here to make it. I’m here to flourish in the game and met my maximum potential. I never get comfortable I always try to better myself. Football is my life! It’s all I do. But if God has a different plan for me I’ll follow up with my degree which I worked hard for.

Q: How did you prepare for the National Scouting Combine and what are your expectations? I’ve been training and preparing with the help of DST(Dynamic Sports Training) since I was a freshmen in college. Ben Tate who was a first round draft pick is someone I look up to and train with everyday. He always reminds me of what it takes to be in the NFL.

Q: What would be your ultimate achievement? Making it to the NFL

Q: If you have to compare yourself to a current pro player, who would it be and why? I have the elusiveness of Tarik Cohen but I also have the power of Devonta Freeman. Reggie Bush is one of my favorites, I’ve learned most of his moves. I’ve always been an important player on the teams I’ve played for. I know what the standards are and how to set them.

About the author: Jimmy Kibble BSN Admin

Former Pro Athlete | President & CEO: Beyond Sports Network | BSN Foundation | National Scouting Combine | Just 4 Kicks