Beyond Sports Network Careers
Available Careers & Internships
– Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
– Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
– Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
– Work on special projects, as needed
– Good writing & communication skills
– Communicating (via email, phone and/or in person) with high school, collegiate and professional personnel
– Ability to write copy, set up, interview and produce articles on select athletes
– Scouting College Conferences in the FBS, FCS, D2, D3 & NAIA Levels
– Scouting High School Athletes in specific counties/regions
– Reviewing stats and media on specific athletes and/or programs
– Communicating with College media departments
– Communicating with Pro coaches/scouts and scouting departments
– Communicating with High School Coaches & Athletic Directors
– Setting up, organizing and conducting Interviews with collegiate or professional athletes
GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGN CANDIDATES
If you have a passion for using the very latest web technologies and building innovative & dynamic designs that will help athletes get to the next level, promote events and opportunities provided by BSN, used in web and social media campaigns, and be seen by millions of people, then you definitely need to apply asap.
INTERNSHIP QUALIFICATIONS (Editorial / Journalism Intern)
– Reliable, able to work with a deadline and open to criticism
– Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 5-6 hours per week
– Internship is a “Virtual Internship”
– Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
– Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
– Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Experience/interest in Web maintenance
– Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
– Good, solid writing skills
– Able to work individually
Preferred – Social Media, Sports Writing, Conducting Interviews, Computer Graphics Design, Public Relations Skills, Athletic Recruiting, Sports Analysis, Athlete Marketing
ABOUT BEYOND SPORTS NETWORK
Beyond Sports Network (BSN) provides athletes and coaches a number of resources to assist them through their career. Our internship will be focused on the development of our exclusive network focusing on journalism focused on educating our members in various sports and non sports related categories.
The goal of our internship(s) is to help develop passionate sports individuals that want to gain exposure in the areas of journalism, social media, event management and PR/marketing. We are looking for potential candidates that want to help develop content that can help sports minded people from the youth to professional levels become more successful and stay safe when online or using new technology. If you have a passion for these topics, we encourage you to reach to us immediately.
We also want to help our interns develop the necessary experience and relationships for future employment opportunities. BSN works with each intern to develop a plan based on their strengths and interests to become success and more prevalent in the world of sports. Every intern plays a vital role in operations associated with the different facets of Beyond Sports Network.
Our company encourages interns to develop ideas, strategies and manage different areas or projects that can help the Network, the Foundation or the National Scouting Combine succeed.
Our internships start at 6 months but can be extended for longer periods of time. While the internship is an “unpaid internship”, there are opportunities to get paid for events or specific work if an intern proves themselves.
“Beyond Sports Network has provided me with the great opportunity to connect and network with not only great college athletes, but also some great professionals in the industry. Specifically on the College Network, I have been able to personally talk with and interview athletes while also reaching out to athletic departments from some great schools. This has provided me with tremendous hands-on experience.”
~ Kerry G
“BSN has allowed me to get an in-depth perspective into the world of collegiate football. Everyone always discusses the FBS division, but I have truly learned to appreciate the talent out there from the “lower levels.” The work I have done for BSN from marketing the Collegiate Showcase to hosting the weekly radio show has allowed me to hone my skills as a sports management major. I believe BSN has the diversity to help any student’s needs, but more importantly allows them to express their creativeness. Jimmy and Dan have both given me the green light to get creative to help make the site better. BSN has changed so much from the time I joined roughly 8 months ago. I am happy I have this internship with BSN because it has truly given me a great starting point to enter the world of sports.”
~ Justin P
Beyond Sports Network has provided me the opportunity to network with notable sports figures, coaches and college athletes. It encompasses all media tools, utilizing radio and television to promote upcoming events, feature athletes of all ages and chat about the hottest sports topics. It has taught me the importance of building connections and promoting through various types of media. I’ve gained invaluable advice and made personal friends with the athletes and coaches I’ve interviewed while being an intern with BSN. I was able to talk about my experience I’ve had at the network during my internship interview with ESPN, which helped build my credibility and showed that I knew how to network in the sports industry. BSN is a great network for anyone looking to pursue a career in sports!
~ Perrin R
Beyond Sports Network has given me a great opportunity to become learn more about professional sports. I have been a huge sports fan my whole life and want to have a career in sports in some way. I am interning for the Charlotte Bobcats as a Beat Writer, and the interviewing of athletes that I do for BSN has prepared me greatly for this opportunity with the Bobcats.
~ Mark K
BSN opened up a door for me to see and learn about leagues I never would have heard of, and plenty of opportunities to showcase my skills as a designer for them.
~ David A